Sunday, July 4, 2010

Yoghurt Mutton Gravy - Mutton Thayir Kulambhu


Yoghurt Mutton Gravy is my own dish, I just tried and it came out very well and thought like why don't I share my receipe and experience here for my friends and blog readers. This gravy goes well with Rotis, Phulkas, Parathas and Rice as well.

Yoghurt is a good natural tenderizer for hard meats. It gives a good tangy taste to the dish as it blends with tomatoes and believe me the gravy was too good and I want you readers to try this out and let me know how it tastes?

Ingredients
Onions - 1 (chopped)
Tomatoes - 1 (small, chopped)
Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Sambhar powder - 2 tsp
Home made chilli powder and dhaniya powder combination)
Water - 1 cup

To Marinate
Mutton - 250gms
Yoghurt - 1 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - as required

To Grind
Tomatoes - 1 (small, chopped)
Garlic - 2
Fennel seeds - 3/4 tsp
Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp
Cashews - 3 or 4

To Season
Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
Garlic pods - 5
Curry leaves - few

Procedure
1. Marinate the Mutton pieces for an hour.
2. In a pressure cooker pour Oil and wait till it gets hot.
3. Add the items given in to season one by one, then add the Onions and saute till it changes little color.
4. Now add all the dry powders and very little salt.
5. Add the marinated mutton and fry for 5 minutes.
6. Add the grinded paste, water and wait for one boil.
7. Pressure cook for 8 to 10 whistles if the mutton is hard or if not for less whistles.
8. Now the Yoghurt Mutton Gravy is ready to be served.

No comments:

Post a Comment