Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fish Fry


Fish Fry is an authentic south indian dish that goes well with Rice and Fish Kulambhu..This is a simple fish fry that I usually prepare at home..Will post other methods here as well in the future.

While choosing fish for frying, choose fishes that doesnt stick to your kadai or tawa. Shallow frying consumes less oil and retains the masala.

I made Fish fry as side dish to go with my main course rice and meen mangai kulambhu. I had an awesome lunch last sunday and thought like why don't I share my receipes here in my blog with my friends and readers.

Ingredients
Fish pieces - 8 to 10
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Sambhar powder - 2 tsp (combination of chilli powder and corriander powder)
Salt - to taste
Oil - for shallow fry

Procedure
1. Marinate the fish pieces with dry powders and salt and keep it aside for an hour.
2. Heat oil in a kadai.
3. In medium flame fry the marinated fish pieces with care.
4. Garnish the fish pieces with lime and sliced onion pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment