Sunday, August 22, 2010

Spicy Chicken Gravy


Spicy Chicken Gravy is one of the recipes that adds on to the list of my own dishes. I tried it out and served for the guests who had come to my house.

I served it as a side dish for the Chicken Biriyani that was prepared by my Aunt, one of our family friends. I didn't find time to post this, as I was caught up with my busy work schedule.

The dish goes good with Biriyani, Rice, Chappathis and Phulkas. Here is the receipe for you..

Ingredients
Onion - 1 (big, finely chopped)
Tomatoes - 2 (finely chopped)
Fennel seeds powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp

To Marinate
Chicken - 350 gms
Curd - 1 tbsp
Ginger-Garlic paste - 1 1/2 tsp
Lime juice - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Sambhar powder - 1 tsp(home made)
Dhaniya powder - 2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste

To Season
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - few sprigs

To Grind
Cashew - 2 or 3
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp

Preparation
1. Marinate the Chicken with items given in To Marinate for half-an-hour.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick kadai and add the items given in To Season and allow it to splutter.
3. Add the chopped onions, little salt and saute till it turns transparent.
4. Now add the marinated Chicken pieces and cook it covered in a medium flame and add little water if required for the chicken to cook.
5. When oil oozes out, pour the grinded coconut-cashew paste and cook it in a low flame till it leaves out oil
6. When Chicken is almost done, add the fennel seed powder and saute it once.
7. Now your Spicy Chicken Gravy is ready to be served hot.

1 comment:

  1. A comment from my college classmate:

    i tried spicy chicken gravy by referring to ur blogspot last week... it tasted good... thanks :)

    ReplyDelete